How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Max Lowry Your Own Question
Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Max Lowry is online now

i am in a residential care home business with my ex husband

Customer Question

i am in a residential care home business with my ex husband who have recently divorced. have found out he has been miss using company money & forging invoices to obtain money for himself from the business. he has 51% and i have 44% shares. is this a criminal matter?? what can i do??
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 5 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

It could be a criminal matter - there are a number of offences this could be and the police will probably investigate this if you make a complaint. He could be charged with false accounting or fraud in obtaining money.

Max Lowry :

Additionally, his actions would undoubtedly have affected (and prejudiced) your position as a shareholder.