How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now

I hold a British passport but I have never lived in the Uk.

Customer Question

I hold a British passport but I have never lived in the Uk. I am 16 years of age can I apply to a UK university and be eligible for assistance?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Are you planning to come and live here. Eligibility for free or subsidised education is dependent on residence rather than citizenship. So you need to establish a permanent address here.

Unless your parents live abroad because of military or government service.