How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cmd2008 Your Own Question
cmd2008, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3090
Experience:  BSC (hons), Solicitor with 14 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
cmd2008 is online now

We viewed and put down a £200 holding fee on a property and

Customer Question

We viewed and put down a £200 holding fee on a property and were due to move in less than 24 hours when we received a call from the letting agent telling us the property failed a Gas Safety Test. Is it legal to advertise this property without it having a valid certificate?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  cmd2008 replied 5 years ago.


It is not illegal to advertise the property without a landlord's gas safety certificate, but it is illegal to allow tenants to live in a property without it. In fact it is a criminal offence for the landlord to do so.

Hope that answers your question.