How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son and his partner have stoped me and his dad from any

Customer Question

My son and his partner have stoped me and his dad from any contact with our granchildren again, when he falls out with his sister they stop us from seeing our granchildren first time it lasted 4months this time it,s been 2 yrs, we have been a big part of our granchildrens lifes and miss them very much, we never miss there birthdays or christmas they dont anwer there phone i have left mesages asking for contact with my granchildren i need some professional avice, can u help us ? D Kennie
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how do i go about going 2 court to get visition rights to my granchildren please.

Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

How much contact of you had with the grandchildren on till now? How old are they? Why has contact been stopped?

Grandparents have no right of access or contact unless there is
some kind of existing strong relationship such as a grandparent has been a carer for some time. The courts wont grant a right automatically.

This explains

Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
How old are the children and how often do you usually hear from them?