How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Re possible divorce. Cohabiting for 9 years, married for

This answer was rated:

Re possible divorce.
Cohabiting for 9 years, married for last 18 months. 1 child age 6.
mother has not raised or bonded with child in all this time. I have brought child up.
Mother has tendincy to violent temper/rages.
What chance of me getting custody so that child lives with me.
Although mother does not want child, she may want custody out of spite.
What evidence do I need to show that she is not fit?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question
Do either of you work?
Would the school confirm the problems?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We run a ltd business of which my wife is a director and 50% shareholder along with her brother and I am a paye employee of the business. It has ended up like this because I have taken on all the debt burdenm in my name and she has all the assets.

My wife exudes a sweet demenour in public but it is only in private that her abusive and volatile temper is revealed. Would I benefit from capturing this kind of thing on cctv?

Re school my wife has only gone near it once or twice to drop our daughter off.

How is the day to day care of the child shared between you?
And NO never use cctv in these circumstances it always backfires
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i take my daughter to school and pick her up. i look after her all evening. My wife works alot at our business, (a restaurant) but also seems to be spending whole days with another man. I do the business admin side and work mostly from home, but its still a full time job.

Sometimes my mother babysits for me for a couple hrs now and again if i have to go out as well. AS she lives in a granny flat attached to the house.

when my wife is at home she largly ignores our daughter.

She never takes her anywhere -i always do that.

My problem is proving this.

How much notice would a custody order take the wishes of the child at 6 years old into consideration?

I am afraid that at 6 your daughters wishes are of little relevance.
However the fact that you have had the day to day care of the child means that it is likely that you will be granted either a Residence or a Shared Residence Order
Concentrate on the fact that you have had the care of the child - not on the mother's failings.
You can get help advice and support from Families need Fathers ( and the website
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thankyou for clarifying this for me.

most helpful.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you for clarifying this for me -most helpful.

You are most welcome - good luck