How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

Hello I am a royal bank of scotland customer,and have been

Customer Question

I am a royal bank of scotland customer,and have been for several years.
In 2010 i had taken out a business loan to buy a building from which to operate and partly rent out as well.Total loan taken was 135000.00,and have paid 45000.00 up to date,with a remaing balance of 90000.00.In order to get this loan i had give charge to the bank of 4 other properties plus the building i took out the loan to purchase.My total assets held by the bank is 480000.00 and my remaing loan is 90000.
I sold one property which was for 110000.00,but the bank does not want to release the charge for this property,and therefore i could not proceed with the sale.
I dont think this is fair,and i am not getting any joy with my bank manager,i would appreciate some avenue i can pusue to resolve this matter.
By the way my bank manager is not returing my calls,i called her three times today.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

On what basis did they refuse to release the charge?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

They just said that untill i will have pay off the existing loan to release these charges.


Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.

You should first write and make a formal corporate complaint in relation to this.

It will be investigated and the bank will come back to you.

It will be reviewed by someone nothing to do with the loan.

If the bank do not uphold the complaint then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

They are free, independent and can examine your complaint for free. They can be found at:

However if they do not uphold your complaint then that is the end of the matter.

You could take the matter to Court, but with the Ombudsman findings against you then you would have an uphill battle.

The chances of success are less than 50%.

So try the two things:

1) corporate complaint
2) ombudsman

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?