How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i asked my ex partner to leave due to his drinking and text

Customer Question

i asked my ex partner to leave due to his drinking and text other females he was seeing our son up until yesterday at my home he lies and now wants to take me to court for access will not talk to me because i have had my 20 year old son back to live with me the ex was removed from my home on three occasions due to drink and fighting with my son and smashing his room up also slapped me . my son went through a bad patch got in with wrong people met a girl sorted his life out went to work in France but came back two days ago because him and his girlfriend parted what are my rights with my ex partner please
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
How old is your child with your ex?
Who owns the property you lived in and were you married?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

council home in my name our child is 2yrs old three this year no not married

Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
What contact does he currently have with the Child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we got back together went to relate was asked to meet without him was advised to talk to solicitor and social services because when removed before domestic violence team informed,

we have now parted again wants furniture again one sideboard one dresser one desk thinking just give it to him

concerning access he will not come here to see our son because my 20 year old might come home ( i have text messages with my ex stating he will do my son over or words to that ) relate informed me also to show a solicitor the text messages

the house i live in is council in my name only but he is living down the road round the corner from me also we work for the same company in the same store . i have informed my dept manager to what is going on.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What information would you like concerning this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can he take his furniture ?


also concerning our son do i have to give him access ?


can i stop him seeing our son because of his drinking ? and jackal and hide moods. also the house he lives in rents a room there shared with 3 adults and a dog that can not be trusted to be by our child

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
If those are the only items that he is asking for then it would not be an unreasonable division of the contents.
In general terms he is entitled to any item that he paid for although he is expected to leave the home more or less intact for the child.
If your ex has a drink problem then it would be sensible to offer contact at a local Contact Centre ( so that you can be certain that your child is safe and you do not have to meet your ex .
I hope that this is of assistance please do not hesitate to ask for further clarification