How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I paid by cheque what do I do now Iam frightened to have

Customer Question

I paid by cheque
what do I do now

Iam frightened to have him back
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.


What you need to do is get 3 quotes to put the work right.

Then send the cheapest quote to him and say he has 14 days to remedy the situation or you will go to Court.

If he refuses then you can issue proceedings for breach of contract.

You can do this online at: - you would have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

But if you are on benefits you can complete form N1 at your local County Court and you may be entitled to fee remission.

As the claim is below £5000 it is likely to be a small claim so you wont need a Solicitor.

Once you get Judgment it can be enforced by sending in bailiffs or other means.

But you do need to get a quote from other plumbers to put it right and you should give him a last opportunity to fix.

But you will be surprised how quick matters can be resolved once proceedings are issued.

You should also complain to Trading Standards at your local Council - they may also be able to investigate the matter and prosecute where appropriate.

I realise that this is stressful but hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.