How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I am writing to pose a question regarding an issue that aroused

This answer was rated:

I am writing to pose a question regarding an issue that aroused recently with my bank account. I am living this year in Scotland since I am a postgraduate student at a university. A week ago I noticed that the amount of 900 pounds was deposited in my account at Lloyd's Bank without knowing the sender of the money. I immediately contacted the bank that could not give me any answer about my reasonable questions regarding the issue. After a few days they called me and urged me to immediately return the money to the bank without any other clarifications and i told them i would visit my local branch the next days. Since I was at university it was not possible to do the transaction the same day. The following day I noticed that the bank had changed the status of my account and more specifically my account was minus 900pounds and since i got only a few pounds in my account since a payment of my rent was completed(it is a standard payment the same day each month) i got in debt without my consent. It follows that this caused me great dissatisfaction since no one informed me about draining my account and making me owe this amount of money and i couldn't use my account due to this.What should I do in order to be reimbursed since I strongly feel that it was a maltreatment towards their customer?
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

What you should do is write a formal complaint to the bank and ask them investigate it under the corporate complaints procedure.

They will investigate and reply back to you.

If you are not happy with the response then you can complain to the Ombudsman.

They are free, independent and can examine your compliant for free.

They can be found at:

These are the steps you should take.

But what I can say is that wrongfully retaining a credit can be a criminal offence.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I had already been informed about ombudsman so your answer was something already known from my part.However,i followed your advice and sent yesterday a formal complaint to the appropriate department of the bank and wait for their answer...I will keep you in touch if i have news...