How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I ordered goods from a website, and the wrong size was

Customer Question

I ordered goods from a website, and the wrong size was error and fault of the website. It was underwear and I tried on before realising that they were not the size ordered> I am now being refused a refund because I have tried on the items, and they have a rule that you must not try on if you want a refund. Considering that they sent the wrong thing in the first place, is there any thing that I can do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

If you look at the Distance Selling Regulations there is NOTHING in that that says underwear is excluded.

Please see the OFT guidance:

It does NOT exclude underwear.

They can not therefore refuse.

If they do then you can issue proceedings in the small claims Court.

You can do this online at: - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

But they cant refuse to refund you.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?