How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

My x gf took out a loan for household goods and money to my

This answer was rated:

My x gf took out a loan for household goods and money to my new car , we traded in my car and she put some cash to it , we have no split up and she is demanding that I have to pay the loan , I need advice
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Are you named on the loan?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The loan is 7 grand she took out

Unless you agreed otherwise you do not have to pay the loan back.

If it is in her name and it was not agreed that you would need to pay then you are not liable.

Morally you may have a duty to contribute but in law if the loan is not in your name and you did not agree to make payments - then you are not liable for the debt.

The debt is in her name and not yours.

As such you do not need to make any payments.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you email this too me please at [email protected] please be a great help
You need to contact customer services for that.

I am just an expert on here.


I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?