How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had a contract with Countrywide to sell my property. They

Customer Question

I had a contract with Countrywide to sell my property. They wrote to tell me they were cancelling the agreement as per their contractual terms and conditions. They now say I owe them 225 pounds. According to the agreement I signed, this charge is applicable if the seller withdraws the property from sale ( which I have not done ) but it does not state that I am liable to pay this if they choose to end the contract. I would like to know if I must pay this. All upfront marketing fees and charges have been paid.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Could you please let me know what it says in the Agreement as regards the payment of £225? (Is it under the heading- Schedule of Prepayments/other Charges ?)