How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Thankyou for recent reply. Can you now suggest a source for

Customer Question

Thankyou for recent reply. Can you now suggest a source for Law Reference (2nd-hand Books preferable to Internet 'trolling'!). Local Library cannot release these for other than 'In-house' perusal. I will try Amazon, but need help with which Law/Legislaton/Precedents I require to further both an Appeal, (which I cannot launch until after sentencing, which diet has yet again been put back!), and to determine if I can put forward a Motion to have any/all cases dismissed due to prevarication on the part of the Crown? Thanks, Stephanie.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You can get the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 online. It is the bible of criminal procedure for Scots Law.

The book which everyone uses in called Renton and Brown's Criminal Procedure which will refer to all the relevant precedents etc.but to buy the up to date copy is over £700 and most people subscribe to it online nowadays anyway. You might get a second hand copy on one of the second hand book sites but you should not buy anything pre 1995 Act, ie, the sixth edition from 1996.

I can't see anything second hand for sale currently.

I suggest a law library or one of the larger city libraries. You will have to copy the sections you want as you can't easily borrow books like this.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.