How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been summonsed to county court re. flat service charges

Customer Question

I have been summonsed to county court re. flat service charges going back 12 years. I dispute these, and have all the figures, but they are complicated to set out for so many years, and I need help in dealing with my response to the court. I am not eligible for legal aid, and need to speak to a lawyer, but don't know any local ones who are any good, and anyway I can only afford one brief consultation.

Can a claim go back so far, and is there anyone (legal) I can speak to in general terms.

I hope you can help. Many thanks.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
What is the nature of the dispute?