How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and i are having problems and dont want to be together

Customer Question

My wife and i are having problems and don't want to be together anymore. We have a 4 week old baby and she is American and i am South African and we both live in the UK. She wants to move back to the states and take the baby with her. is there anything i can do so that she has to stay in the uk with the baby so i can see him on a regular basis?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
In fact neither of you are entitled to remove the child from the UK without the consent of the other party or an order from the court.
If you believe that there is a real risk of her doing so then you need to apply to the court for a Prohibited steps order - and get assistance from the Charity Reunite (