How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Hello there, I am a sole trader and have a company that

This answer was rated:

Hello there,

I am a sole trader and have a company that have sub contracted me to do work for them, which has now been completed however they are stalling payment i think can i charge them late payment fees?

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

You will only be able to charge them interest if it allows so in your terms and conditions.

If there is no provision in your terms and conditions you may be able to claim interest under Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 S.4 and also a compensation charge under S.5 and S.5a.

Kind regards

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.



No problem.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any follow up questions.

Kind regards