How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

My sister has applied for tourist visa from zimbabwe to come

Customer Question

My sister has applied for tourist visa from zimbabwe to come to my wedding in italy am not italian am zimbabwean and am a uk resident all paper work has been provided however my nephew is my bell boy and she managed to get the father to sign and affidavit for their son unknown to her he leaving the country as he does not pasitipate in his sons life and was a hassle to even get him for permision. However unknown to my sister at the time that he was living the italian embassy has requested that he goes in there in person and sign the the affidavit in-front of them and will not process my nephew's application unless the father is present all paper work showing that this is a wedding invite has been provided how can we move forward from this please?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my answer positively.


Is the father not willing to sign the affidavit in front of the embassy?


Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

His out of the country the affidavite was signed two days ago and he left today so he can't and the embassy requested this today when my family went to submit their visas

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The only option now is for him to do another affidavit from his home country stating that he has no objections. He must also include the fact that he is unable to attend the embassy and sign the affidavit in person as he is outside of the country.

You may also wish to inform the embassy that he is no longer in the country and the only way he is able to give consent is by writing an affidavit from outside of the country.

This would be the only option. The other option would be to wait until he is back in the country and then submit the visa application again.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my annswer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards