How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now


Customer Question

I HAVE JUST FINISHED A REFURB ON A PROPERTY IN CORNWALL, LISTED ,ALSO CERTAIN PARTS HAVE A CONSERVATION ORDER, I HAVE REPAIRED WINDOWS ON THE REAR OF THE BUILDING & the conservation officer has said that he is not happy with the finish & wants original windows reinstalled, there is no evidence of what was there, the building has been flooded twice above windows so were totally rotten, there are numerous issues to many to mention, i had to borrow the money to complete the project & a court case will bankrupt me is there a way of appealing? he keeps stating he wants them replaced but can't tell me what he wants, telling me i have to prove what was there, these windows are not mentioned on the conservation order documents, can you advise
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have you appealed the decision?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

if you look at optional info my question was can i appeal? but i guess that isnt an option as he[ conservation officer] has told me to replace & because i haven't its [his term] going legal. what additional info do you require?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is your answer ? What more info do you want ? Sorry for being a bit thick but I can't view your Q or A
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Have you been to the LGO?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is your answer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's an easy £47 must try that 1 myself!
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I asked if you had been to the ombudsman yet?