How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I lost a claim for shoddy workmanship against a plumber last

Customer Question

I lost a claim for shoddy workmanship against a plumber last July in Small Claims COurt. The Judge asked him if he wanted a balance of £170 still outstanding against the £2000 I had paid him for the work. He declined and the case was closed.

Now, he has entered an on-line claim for the £170 plus expenses, interest etc. Is he legally able to change his mind after the case was closed. And if so why can't I re-open the Case with new evidence?Thankyou.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Do you still have a copy of the court order from the first case?