How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I. Had a tenant and he has. Been evicted by court with debt

Customer Question

I. Had a tenant and he has. Been evicted by court with debt judgement of£10000.idont have his. Address can someone help
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Are you asking for us to do the work?

We are a question and answer site with legal experts, so we can only advise you what to do - we can not do the work for you as it is against site rules.

Would that help you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Do you know if the tenant is still even in the local area?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
For uk justice only
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Do you know if they are still living in the local area?
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
You can do 2 things:

1) Search the Electoral Roll

This should be at your local library. It should give a list of names and addresses of all people registered to vote in the area.

This of course assumes that the person has registered and still lives locally

2) Hire a Private Investigator.

This is your only other option. The PI can make investigate and see where this person now lives.

But those are the only 2 things you can do - look at electors roll and use a PI to trace him

I am sorry if this is not necessary the answer you want but from a legal point of view, this is the legal position.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.