How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

Just had My vehicle repaired under an insurance claim from

Customer Question

Just had My vehicle repaired under an insurance claim from the other drivers insurance. The speed and service by the insurance company was first class but the repair work done by the insurance company's repairer is sub standard and causing concearn re quality of repair in relationship to vehicle being jigged ? Still small dent on back of cab which was caused by rear box of jeep being shunted forward and denting rear of cab and also the spacing between the cab and box at either side differs causing doubt on chassis being true. Can you please adviose on the best way to proceed with my complaint.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Have you raised this with the garage or insurance yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes and insurance company were to contact repairer and get back. This was at close of play yesterday and I anticipate a reply today. Just wanted advise on best way to handle response.

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
As this was a job by your insurance but contracted to the garage, it is your insurance co that is liable.

Technically you do not have a contract with the garage as, I assume, the repairs were paid for by insurance.

As such it will be for your insurance to deal with.

If you are concerned you can get a second opinion and quote to get the work put right.

If the insurance company will not do anything then you should invoke the formal complaints procedure.

This will escalate the matter internally.

If that does not resolve it then you can go to the Ombudsman.

They are free, independent and can examine your complaint for free.

They can be found at:

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.