How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35073
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello, I recently moved in with my partner who has two disabled

This answer was rated:

Hello, I recently moved in with my partner who has two disabled children. The CSA have contacted me and want details of our (now) joint child tax credits - the money is for her children not mine - Is this legal so because I moved in she now gets less money and has t pay for my child?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions !
This is sadly one of the (many) unfair parts of the existing (soon to be changed so they say) system
Tax credits are indeed counted as YOUR income as well and form part of your assessment
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok so they will consider the whole tax credits as my income not so a split of some kind?


Yes I am afraid so - although of course they will also disregard 20% of your income for the purposes of the assessment