How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I got a deposit from a customer for a bathroom to be done and

Customer Question

I got a deposit from a customer for a bathroom to be done and a cylinder to be changed. We changed the cylinder and book a date for start of bathroom. I order all bathroom furniture and sorted out tiles for job. Then the customer had to go to court for some thing and said he would not now be able to do bathroom and cenceled work , this was september 2012. He now is asking for some of his money back and has gone to trading standers! He paid me £3200 We did some of the work and i had to sort all the things out that i had already got for bathroom. I have offered him £1500.00 he say he wants £2000.00 were d i stand in this Legaly?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

How much work did you carry out value wise?

Did he sign any contract?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

£700.00 plus Vat No it was a verble contract his invoice said deposit for work to be carried out

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.

You can charge for the work done so far.

What you can do not is keep the excess.

As such any costs such as materials or labour worked.

So work out what you have done and refund the difference.

Does that make sense?

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?