How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

i have a tax bill to pay but i dont have the money paid £150

Customer Question

i have a tax bill to pay but i dont have the money paid £150 last month and will pay another £150 but they said they want money in full of £2323.13 or they will start legal actions against me
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

You want to pay by installments?

Is this for self assessment?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes self assesment i want to pay instalments

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.

By law you must pay in full as you know 31 Jan and July

I assume you did not save a portion of your income

Hmrc are entitled to bring proceedings it is a debt

If the matter went to court you could dispute this as it would be a small claim given the value.

This means you could drag it out for about 3-4 months

But - the problem is, you owe it, you should have saved it

If negotiation fails continue to keep paying monthly but in law they do not have to accept

It is a commercial decision for them

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want but based on what you have said, this is the legal position

I hope this helps

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?