How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How does the court notify parents that Cafcass require their

This answer was rated:

How does the court notify parents that Cafcass require their child to be in court?
Cafcass cannot require a child to be at Court.
Indeed children are only allowed to attend a hearing in very rare circumstances and then only at the request of the Judge
If the Judge does require the attendance of the child this will have been ordered at a hearing attended by both parents
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Apologies I should have been a little clearer in my question. My daughter was required to be at court to be interviewed by Cafcass before both parents went into the court room. We were required to be in court at 11am and I was informed at 8am that she was to be interviewed by Cafcass. I think that the courts must have told the other side well in advance of the hearing that my daughter would be interviewed by Cafcass, but that information was not presented to me.


Hence I want to understand the mechanism that the court uses to notify parents that Cafcass will need to interview a child prior to a hearing.

I have spoken to Cafcass and they told me that it is the courts that are responsible for stating if a child has to attend to be interviewed, but something went wrong and I need to understand where that error lay.

How old is the child and which court was it in?