How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71145
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hello I got a enhanced crd record against me 10 years ago

This answer was rated:


I got a enhanced crd record against me 10 years ago

I need some advice. Its difficult for me to get a job

Can this be removed
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The offence as follows


Date of offence 22 january 2003

Persistently soliciting a women for prostitution or cause annoyance/nuisance to others


Disposal: Conditional discharge 12mths costs £55


Can the offence be taken off as this is my only offence committed

No, I am sorry but it cannot.

If this is a conditional discharge then it must have gone to court and lead to a conviction. Unfortunately convictions can never be removed.

There is a procedure to ask the police to remove things like cautions, fixed penalties and mere allegations but it doesn't apply to convictions I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry but thats your position.

If you were give a conditional discharge then it will be spent after the period of the discharge but that will only mean that it will drop off basic checking.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.



Cant i appeal. I have not been in any trouble before or after the offence


I am desperate to work but certain jobs require a clean record

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What can i do then?

You do have an automatic right of appeal from the magistrates to the crown court within 28 days of sentence

You can apply to appeal out of time but you don't really have any proper basis here

Its not a defence to say that you would prefer it wasn't on your crb
Customer: replied 5 years ago.



The offence is over 10 years, at the time i didnt know or realise i could appeal gainst the decision.


I am wondering if i can do it now.


Some jobs i am interested in need a clean record

Realistically, you cannot I'm afraid.

You can appeal out of time but you don't have grounds here. Preferring not to have a conviction is not a ground of appeal I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry bit confused


you say I can appeal out of time, what does that mean?


also you say I don't have grounds here.


I am very interesting in working and some of the work i am interested in requires no criminal record


Im not really sure how I can make it clearer.

It is possible to seek leave to appeal out of time. You have no grounds here.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is there not anything u can advice that can help me

Not beyond what Ive said i'm afraid.

You are trying to remove the conviction because it would be easier to work it if was not there. The law does not allow you to do that unfortunately.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am interesting being a sports coach but have to do a crb. the record will work against me.


There is definately nothing i can do?

No, as I have said above.