How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10947
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

how do I sue a care home?The care home employed someone who

Customer Question

how do I sue a care home? The care home employed someone who stole my inheritance. The person tricked me into giving them my money. He was the manager of the home I was in. He said I needed to give him money towards rent. Should I sue the care home or him?


The care home is called proactive developement is based in Folkestone. The director of the company does not want to pay me back the money. He thinks it's not his fault, I have recently left care and moved to london. I live on benefits so do not have the money to pay for a solitor to take the home to court. What I do?

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 5 years ago.
1. Essentially, you should sue both the manager and the care home. This is because the fraud on you was carried out by a person running the care home and the care home owed you a duty of care to ensure that its employees would not defraud you of your money by making false representations to you. I would advise you to take the proceedings yourself if you cannot afford a solicitor. Otherwise you will remain destitute without any money. Get the assistance of your local Citizens Advice Bureau and try to cultivate a relationship with some legal person in there who will assist you with the legal action.
Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid