James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

I am 86 years young and have decided to give up a life motoring..

I am 86 years young and have decided to give up a life motoring.. I am not disabled and can walk for a limited distance, I have been using a scooter, which my wife used to use before she passed away 7 years ago..I have aquired a new class 3 mobility model to take the placeof my car..My problem is when I want to go father afield with my 12year old dog, I will need to be able to use the scooter for obvious reasons..Would it be legal to adapt my scooter to take her as a pasenger..Please could you advise me. thankyou Regards Ken
Would it be in a box/pet carrier?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for delay, I had to go out ...In answer to your ? it would have to be a box arrangement under my legs, it depends what would be legal (if) my feet are father forward on top of the front mudguards.. the scooter is aXXXXXclassXXXXXKing..Hope this helps, regardsKen

I think it depends whether you would retain full control

The fact that there is an animal in the box is immaterial. It could just as easily be a parcel or box of groceries.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your help, you have confirmed my own thoughts Regards Ken

Glad to help. My mate carries his dog carrier on his motorcycle rear carrier!

No problems