How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

if my case never went to court, and i lost because of a technically

This answer was rated:

if my case never went to court, and i lost because of a technically do i have to pay for the other side solisters fees
Heloo and welcome to Just Answer, please can you explain the situation in more detail?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i had a conservatory built in oct 2005 in 1007 i complaind to the company
in 27 feb the company wrote to me.quot[when the fitters visited the propert they noticed the plaster board swelld exposing the metal retainers] in2011 i went to the solister and last week was told that the technically was that i was 6 months over the 6 year rule

Were you over the rule in 2011, when you went to the solicitor? Did the solicitor lodge a claim even though it was out of time? Did they warn you of this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes i was over the rule in 2011when i went to the solicitor.and yes to your second question and no to your third question

It appears that your solicitor has been negligent.

The other party can apply for costs in these circumstances. You should not have to pay these costs as your solicitor should not have lodged the claim in the first place.

I would suggest that you ask to speak to the firms managing partner and ask for their complaints handling procedure. You should receive assurances that you will not be out of pocket as a result of the this and you should not be charged for the work.

if you have any further problems you should report the firm to the Solictiors Regulation Authority who regulate the activities of solicitors.

all the best.

Please remember to give positive feedback I will be happy to answer your follow on questions.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i dont know if i have the nerve to do that im a very timid 75 year lady
i dont have any family to help me

You absolutely must do this. Do not let your age put you off. Write rather than phone if it is easier. All the best.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can you help me to start the letter i know i must have a cheek asking.If you dont want to i will honestly understand

If you want to put something together based on what i have said I will happily check it for you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no its ok i think ive taken up to much of your time.thanks a lot
many thanks beryl lynton

No problem, if you need me again, ask for me by name in the question. Put for Jenny M ONLY.