How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

HMRC has a form Return of Estate Information form IHT205(2006)

Customer Question

HMRC has a form Return of Estate Information form IHT205(2006) which is required for a Grant of Administration. What IHT form is used for deaths that occurred before 2006? I have written to HMRC but have had no reply.

I require a Grant for the Will of my late husband who died in 2002. The administration had been conducted under a power of attorney I had facilitated for my mother-in-law who has since died. I need to claim my widow's inheritance from her estate. The solicitors acting for her estate are not being helpful. I hope my regaining the Grant of Administration for my husband's estate will assist me.

Phaipana Small
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

From Hmrc

You need to fill out the forms here

If they died after 6 April 2002 but before 6 April 2003

Or died after 6 April 2000 but before 6 April 2002

For a full list of forms for this go to

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know,

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?