How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

ex partner wast new wife to be called mom

This answer was rated:

hello there myself and ex partner as been apart since our daughter amy was 2 months old shes now 6 we have already been to court and hes allowed access on a wedneday but because he was doing well i have allowed amy to sleep over every other weekend my issues now is that he come to me and asked if our daughter can call his new wife mammy iam awfully upset over this and told them no but i don't think there going to give up that easy is there any thing i can do about it please

On a practical legal basis there is little that you can do and an application for an injunction would not be viewed kindly by the court as well as being expensive. You wouldnt not get legal aid for this.

Fortunately at 6, yr daughter knows who her mother is.

I would have a word with the ex and possibly refer it to mediation

because this will be confusing and upsetting for the child and isnt in the childs best interest.

Can I help further?

Please bear with me today and over weekend because I will
be online and off-line.

Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not
what you wanted to hear) and I will follow up any further points you raise for

If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. It
doesn't give me "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my livelihood!

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,
please ask me for further info before rating me negatively otherwise I don't
get paid at all for my time and answer.

The thread remains open for us to continue this exchange

James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience: Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
James Mather and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
HiIn fact whilst it is indeed correct that you should first offer to discuss the matter at mediation in fact if your ex persists in this request you can and should apply to the Court for a Specific Issue Order and you will find the court sympathetic to the view that his request and behaviour is inappropriate and NOT in the best interests of the child Claire