How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My brothers ex partner attempted to take their son from him

Customer Question

My brothers ex partner attempted to take their son from him yesterday 4 days earlier than agreed. She then assaulted my brother and the police were involved. He is pressing charges against her for the assault. She left without her son and my brother still has him now. I am fearful for my nephew now. Yesterday he said he hates his mum as she punched my dad in the face I want the police to take her away. She has shown violent tendency before. How can my brother gain sole custody
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
Is there a contact order in place?
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
How old is the child and how long have the parents been separated?