How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My (deceased) fathers will names my mother (extant) as "sole

Customer Question

My (deceased) fathers will names my mother (extant) as "sole Executrix".
It also names me (son) as Executor.
Can I apply for probate (instead of her) in order to transfer assets held in his name (and jointly) across to her?
She is 90 years old and housebound and would therefore find attending a probate interview extremely difficult.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question
What is the exact wording (no names)