How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am Spanish but living in the UK, my parents want to give

This answer was rated:

I am Spanish but living in the UK, my parents want to give me some money as a gift, will i need to pay any UK taxes? and do I have to inform anyone of the money being received?Thanks
There are no taxes that you will have to pay - nor do you have to notify anyone - but it is useful to keep a record and evidence in case you are ever asked to account for the origin of the funds
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your answer and advice.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry to bother you. I have just rated you, so just checking that you will get paid what it was agreed. It is my understanding that this is the case once I rate you (good or excellent) then you get paid. If this is not the case and I need to do something else, please let me know

I have indeed been paid thank you - and thank you for your kindness in checking!