How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I am a united kingdom resident and i am married to a jamaican

Customer Question

I am a united kingdom resident and i am married to a jamaican national i would like him to visit me in the uk as i have travel to see him and i would like to invite him to see me in my homeland
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Have you not considered inviting them over on a spouse visa, instead of a short visit visa?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The response you have given me I already have this information and was expecting a little more detail than that so I would say this not a satisfying answer

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The previous reponse was not an answer, I just wanted to know if you had explored any other options.

You can invite your spouse for a visit to the Uk in order for him to see, how things work in the UK, this is aboslutly fine. The only problem that you may encounter with this is that the immigration officer would ask the question why is he traveling to the UK on a visit visa and not using a spouse visa to enter. That is why you would need to write a detailed covering explaining why your spouse is not applying for settlement visa.

That is why I would suggest that you provide all the reasons of why he wants to only visit the UK. You need to provide evidence of his connect to his home country ie employment,studies,family etc and his williness to return home after the expiry of his visit visa. The immigration officers want to ensure that he is a genuine visitor and that he does not want to obtain a visit visa and remain in the UK after its expiry.

The forms he will need to fill in are in the following link:

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards