How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shantal-Mod Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10
Type Your Law Question Here...
Shantal-Mod is online now

My ex husband took me to the small claims court for approx

Customer Question

My ex husband took me to the small claims court for approx £900. He claimed I owed him for money borrowed. What he had actually done was whenever he paid me for child support he gave me a slip to sign. He then claimed that this was money he had loaned me.
Anyway that is how the money mounted up. It stopped mounting up as he didn't pay any money to me and wanted what he had paid back.
When I got the notification from the court I contacted him and told him I had, had it with him. I told him if he didn't stop messing around I would go through the CSA and let the kids know what he'd been up to. He gets away with things because I keep the kids out of it but It's never ending.
He said he would stop proceedings and I wouldn't hear anything else from it. I told him that as long as that was the case the only thing I wanted from him was to stay out of my life. I can support the kids myself I don't want anything off of him other than to keep away.
This morning I receive a "Notice of Issue of Warrant of Execution" stating that unless I pay the amount due of £1,033,53 to the county court before 19th March 2013 the bailiff will call and may remove your goods for sale at public auction.
It states that this has happened because I didn't respond when it went to court the first time but as far as I was aware I had done, I had spoken to my ex husband the claimant who assured me everything had been sorted out.
What can I do at this stage? What are my options ? What are my rights ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

You need to complete form n244 and pay a court fee of £80 to apply to set judgment aside.

There will be a hearing and you can ask the court to set the ccj aide.

For this you have to show that there is a realistic defence.

Given you said your ex has resolved things then this is a defence.

So you need to complete the form. Send it to the court and the judge should set it aside.

You will need to attend the hearing.

If there you have any questions or if I can help you with anything else please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 5 years ago.


It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you,