How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I continually get verbal assault form my partners ex wife ,

Customer Question

I continually get verbal assault form my partners ex wife , today it turned into her actually slapping me across the face infont of her grandson . they are currently going throguh a divorce after he left her . Everyday I called names and verbal abuse , i dont react but today i have had enough . Is ther anything i can do .
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.

What would you like to do about this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.



That would depend on where i stand legally , ive had enough .

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.
You can make a report to the police.

A slap around the face is a common assault although obviously not in its most serious form.

The police would have to act upon the report. Probably if she has no previous convictions then she would be offered a pollice caution for this but that does depend on her admitting the offence.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have witnessess, where woudl i stand with a restraining order .

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.
They would probably want to caution on a first offence so it would not be posible.

You could see an injunction at the civil courts.