How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71147
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i am an old age pensioner i receive BOTH: a government and

This answer was rated:

i am an old age pensioner i receive BOTH: a government and Pension credit at the same time I am also reciveing A.Alownce, my son came to stay with me recently. he is in a full employment, will it affect the Housing benefit? despite the fact that he does not pay me any rent.

You do have to declare the fact that he is living there and they are entitled to assess your claim in the light of that information.

That doesn't necessarily mean that you will lose your entitlement but if you have somebody living with you in full time work then it is something about which they are entitled to know. I'm afraid it could have the effect of reducing your claim while he remains with you.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i think your answer was swift, and told me as it my real name is zvi, only few people call me Charly


All the best.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my son went and came many time until he decided to sattledath here in the flat for prmenantly but we can not remember all date. i have a short memory.


what next



You are entitled to have visitors for a short time. Even to put people up for a short time.

Its when he lives there permanently that they are entitled to reassess.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

with regards to my son that I wrote in the last mail: he went and came many times traveling the world, we don't remember at all how many times he went and came back?,and we never told anyone that he came and went. I don't know how to go about it.
I thought that each one is resposible for his on affair. Even if he has some money he will not pay his way.

can the law makes him olige to pay the rent.

ypurs truly


How long was he there for at a time roughly?