How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Care Home Fees; I need to find & make contact with an individual

Customer Question

Care Home Fees; I need to find & make contact with an individual who has experience with assessing to see if someone is eligible for care home funding by their PTC after being rejected, i believe, incorrectly either by a wrong assessment or interpreted the rules as to which patients qualify for Care Home Fee contributions.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello from JA
What about the GP involved in this case?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

With respect the issue is because of the lottery of various PCT & GP. I am aiming to challenge their decisions by engaging an experienced individual to work on my behalf & others who have been disadvantaged

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
I think you need to be in the legal category, not medical
I will opt out and send a not for it to be put there
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 5 years ago.


It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!