How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I requested that a will be made and the solicitor mucked it

Customer Question

I requested that a will be made and the solicitor mucked it up and put a CCJ ON ME WITHOUT HEARING MY DEFENSE what can be done now
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Says it all

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
So you didnt pay a bill and they have issued Court proceedings?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, had nothing to show for it

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
All you need to do is file a defence saying that no work was done.

That is all you need to do.

The matter will then go to a trial and if below £5000 it will be a small claim.

That means the Judge will decide who to believe.

If the Solicitor mucked it up then you probably wont have to pay anything.

Therefore if the Solicitor did not do the work you dont need to worry.

But you MUST file a defence otherwise you will get a CCJ against you.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.