How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I have just left a relationship living as partners in my partners

This answer was rated:

I have just left a relationship living as partners in my partners house and spent over £600 on renervating our bedroom the week we moved back into it I was asked to leave. Can I request the money that I spent be returned as I feel that it was unfair that we renovated the room for us not just my partner as it has turned out.?? Also I wa asked to pay for an Isurance excess, as well as £360 to stop her son's van being towed away for no Tax and an E bay bill all as a loan to be paid back, as well as loans to her son mounting up to £1500
Don castle
Thanks for your question, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help you today.

To be clear, you had a room at your parents that you renovated?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No! I was in a relationship with a lady where I lived with her for 14months


And you are owed for various amounts you have paid?

Was it ever discussed she would pay half?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Nic, For the renervation of the room there was not a disscussion of paying half as I was living there and it was a benifit to me as well. It is that as soon as the work was finished and we had moved back into the room, I was asked to leave. That I unfair !!


For the other items they were all loans and a promise was made that it would all be paid back


In that case you can write to your ex and say you want payment and set out the breakdown of what you want and for which items.

You can say you want money back within 14 days or say you will go to Court.

If your ex refuses then you can issue proceedings.

You can do this online at: - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

If the claim is below £5000 it will be a small claim and you wont need a Solicitor.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?