How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I need a litigation solicitor and i live in chorley lancs

Customer Question

I need a litigation solicitor and i live in chorley lancs
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to get my deposit back from a solicitor who I feel is negligence of allowing my deposit to be paid to the delveliper with no nhbc guarantee in place this was bought in 2005 but I was told everything was ok this went till 2009 then they went into liquidation I got an e-mail in dec 2012 telling me I had a claim from the solicitors I have been trying to get my deposit from bond pearce who are acting for powell jones the solicitor


Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

Do you need to make a claim on the NHBC policy (if there was one)?

What is the deposit for? Did you buy this property? We need full details please.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have been told there is nhbc policy in place the money was for a 2 bedroom apartment 113 brighouse I did not buy it just paid the deposit on it I want to sit down and tell some one want went on and see if I can get my deposit back this firm of solicitors have knowingly not told me I had a case to win back my deposit and I need help to win this case I only found out I had a case on the 4th dec 2012 but I need to show you all my paper work that I have


Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.

If you didnt buy the property, I cannot see the relevance of having an NHBC policy. You are free to withdraw (if you didnt exchange contracts) without any reason.

We can only answer legal questions, we cannot act for you or meet you.

You can find a solicitor here by searching post code and specialisms.