How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35087
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughterinlaw has accused me of molesting my grandson while

This answer was rated:

My daughterinlaw has accused me of molesting my grandson while bathing him. I washed his itchy bottom because she cannot be asked to clean him properly and his nickers had poo marks because he is left to clean his own buttom (he is 7 years old). She is refusing my son access to him because of this. What is our legal position. Can I sue her for defamation of character. I had three childeren of my own and I have three other grandschildren who I have bathe on numerous occasions without any complaints. She is just being nasty and vindictive to my son. What is his legal position are regards XXXXX XXXXX his son. He was taken away by my daughterinlaw to her parents' house.
Thank you for your question.
Unless you have many thousands of pounds to spare for a public court case a defamation action is not a realistic possibility.
Instead your son needs to start the process for an application for a Defined Contact Order
The starting point is to try and discuss matters with his ex using Family Mediation when/if this fails he can apply to the court for a defined Contact Order - and if his ex then makes the same allegations again your son can challenge her within the Family Court
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am currently in New York and a lot is happening to my son at home. Can you recommend a Family Mediator in Enfield?

He can find a local mediator on the website