How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

We are a motor trader we sold a vehicle on an online action

Customer Question

Hello, We are a motor trader we sold a vehicle on an online action website whereby all bid are binding whether or not you've seen the vehcile providing it has matched the decription. A customer bid and won the item. However later that day they claimed there did not want it. However they have breached the contact. Do i take the customer to court fo r the full amount she agreed to buy the car for or so i take her to court when i have sold the car buy the lost i may have made. For example, if she agreed to pay 5000 but then i ended up selling it or 4000 do i take her to court for 1000?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.
1. What was her reason for not accepting the car?
2. Are you able to sell it quickly?
3. Did you waste any costs from organising the auction?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
P.S I have to leave my desk briefly but will be back, please do not be concerned if you do not hear from me until after 1.30.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

She said she changed her mind no reason.

No cost lost but the money from the sale was going towards my deposit on my house.

haven't sold the car yert

Expert:  Alex J. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you.
You have three options:
1. If you can sell the car quickly then you should, even if it is for less money. You will then have strong grounds to pursue her for the loss you have suffered as it will be quantified;
2. You can sue her now for specific performance. This is where the court orders that the contract you made must be performed. This is a legal remedy but the likelihood of obtaining this remedy is small.
I would suggest option 1 is the most attractive option? Have you passed up any other buyers as a result of her failure to purchase the car?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can i cancel the question please