How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I was in a relationship with a guy and we have a baby

Customer Question

i was in a relationship with a guy and we have a baby together,i have an indefinate leave to remain in the country but he is illegal.we filed in his document to home office under the reason that we have a child together.but during this period we went our seperate ways and i wrote home office to cancel my involvement in his we are back together again and home office has not approved his papers.i feel sorry for writting home office what can i do to make the application not to be cancelled.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
When did you receive the refusal letter?
What application form did you use to submit the application?
What are the reasons for refusal?
When did you submit the application?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

uk lawyer

the application ha not be refuse,still in home office.

the application was based on living together with a kid

the application was submited 6months ago

and i wrote my letter to home office about 3months ago saying i am no longer with the guy i had a baby for.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If the application has not been refused then what I suggest you do now is consult a solicitor and asking him to draft you and your partner a statutory declaration. What this is, is a legal documentation which you have to swear in front of a solicitor confirming that everything you have stated in the document is true.
The reason why I ask both you and your partner to write a statutory declaration is because this hold a lot of weight as appose to a letter from you. The reason is because it is signed and sworn in front of a solicitor and therefore it is a criminal offence to lie in the documentation.
What you should state in the declaration is that you would like the UKBA to disregard all previous correspondence in respect of your relationship and explain to them that you and your partner are now back together.
You should write a covering letter with the reference number on there and send this to the same place you submitted your partners application.
I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards