How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was on unemployment benefit and my housing allowance was

Customer Question

I was on unemployment benefit and my housing allowance was being paid directly to my landlord . I recieved a notification that DWP had changed my claim to pension credits . Two months later I was notified by my landlord that I was two months behind in my rent payments and was instructed to bring my account up to date . After checcking my finances I found that my rent had been paid into my bank account instead of my landlords . I changed my payments to my landlords account immediately After speaking with the council I was told that they would not be liable for any patments that had already been paid , even though they had paid it into the wrong account. Now I am in debt to my landlord and having great difficulty meeting my monthly repayments to clear the debt . do I have any legal standing as to claiming the debt from DWP ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.

What happened to the money that was paid to you instead of the landlord?