How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Parrish council issues. My wife and i have been accused of

Customer Question

Parrish council issues.
My wife and i have been accused of lying in a report by the centre manager of the parrish bar.
I objected to this. So i called an agended emergency meeting to resolve the difference. At this meeting it was proposed and seconded and voted on that the council should send a letter of apology to councillor Shine and his wife. Date of meeting 5/12/2012
I did not receive a letter of apology, instead at a meeting on 23/1/2013
the clerk replied "That all of the councillors present at that meeting had susequently changed their minds" I was not aware that there were meetings regarding the decision of these secret conversations or secret meetings. my question is I believe if a agended meeting votes for an action for the council to do something the clerk should carry out this directive, and the object of the agended proposal should be carried out
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what is required:

apart from this issue there is an issue of a grievence against me not carried out properly the result was the grievence was upheld.

I was not informed when the grievence meeting was held, i gave no input to the proceedure and i still dont know ather than harrasment what the charges are.

P Shine

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. Not my area. I will opt out for another expert. No need to do anything. One will be along shortly

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am not sure what you want from me.

I believe the council are wrong to allow only certain members to have secret meetings regarding a motion that has already been passed, to my knowledge if a motion has been passed it cannot be reopend for six months.


With regards XXXXX XXXXX .

I was asked to go to a greivence meeting because the centre manager had a grievence against me. The committee involved and the clerk said they had a grievence regarding me and the centre manager. They had already had a meeting with the C/M where he gave them the reason for his grievence. When i went to my meeting with the committee the first question i asked was what am i been accused of. Answer was Harrasment, i said i need to know more than this because Harrasment could take many forms, and i have turned up to this meeting in good faith expecting a fair treatment. I asked to see any documentation regarding the complaint, i was told there was none. My query on this issue is can they ask me to go to a grievence meeting where i have no idea what the grievence is, I have since found out there was some documation regarding what his complaint was but up to now i still dont know the detail he gave to the committee at his first meeting.


I suspect the members of this committee got themselves into a mess so at the next Full Parish meeting the clerk suggested we generate a new committee that will use a new proceedure. It was passed that we use an executive committee to deal with this kind of issue.


The executive committee now dealing with this same grievence have come to this conclusion.


The greivence was upheld and they gave me certain thigs i can no longer do, and the decision is final and no further appeals may be made.


My query regarding the first meeting is i did not know what the charges are,

My query regarding the second meeting is the same as the first but in addition i was not aware of the meeting, so i was unable to attend and defend myself, i gave no input to this 2nd meeting and i still dont know what i am supposed to have done.


I am certaintly not a legally trained person but as i have pointed out to the Clerk i do not know of any court be it "criminal. legal, political,or civil in this country be allowed to

do what rhey have without me knowing the details of the complaint which i believe they a copy from the first meeting.


I have paid the requested amount but i do not understand you continuation regarding paying so much a month.



xxx xxxxx


Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!