How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a complex issue involving my husbands neice who has

Customer Question

I have a complex issue involving my husbands neice who has acting EPA over my mother in law who recently suffered a stroke. The neice is also a family lawyer. Over the past few years she has set out to discredit me and after a protracted period of not being involved in my mother in laws life (due to the neice ie her grandaughter) she has made an allegation involving me which is untrue she names me as one of the people who visited her grandmother (my mother in law) in the care centre along with my husband his brother and my sister in law (which is true) but then goes on to says we were involved in a worrying coversation with her grandmother and she was found to be terrified after our visit. I believe she is trying to paint a picture about us and in particular me.
I have asked for a retraction which she wont give.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Who did your niece make these comments to?