How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 26329
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I intend letting my unfurnished property to a DSS tenant.I

Customer Question

I intend letting my unfurnished property to a DSS tenant.I understand that all benefits are paid every four weeks in arrears. Would it be possible to charge the rent weekly rather than monthly as this would be more profitable?How do i prepair the tenancy agreement?
Also, what would be a reasonalable annual rental increase?
Regards, XXXXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Is the council to pay the rent direct to you or to the tenant please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The council is to pay the rent direct to the tenant

Expert:  Joshua replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. Yes there is no problm with you charging rent weekly whatsoever.

You can either ask a solcitor to prepare a tenancy agreement for you or you can prepare your own. There are a variety of online services that will assist you with precedents.

Here is an example:

Providing you are letting the whole property as opposed to a room on a property the above is what you need. Take care to provide for a 6 month term (min) or 12 month term. Longer terms than 12 months are possible but should be considered carefully.


Rental increases can vary from area to area but on average 5% is not normally unreasonable. Increases are by agreement between the tenant and landlord in practice though they can be set by a rent tribunal if you prefer.

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?