How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49787
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My architects practice was effectively shut down when a pirate

Customer Question

My architects practice was effectively shut down when a pirate telecom raid took over my services and my provider BT totally failed in its duty by advising the day after my services were transferred.I lost essential broadband for a month.The Ombudsman decided that
I had been poorly served but decided in favour of the telecom companies.
I understand I cannot get legal aid ,and I need to know if I can take BT who failed me to such an extent OFCOM advised me to sack them.Can I have thsi heard in the County Court.The Ombudsman has refused to supply me with tapes he relied on and on which he based his evidence.I have some very damning correspondence?. What costs can I get in the County Court if I use that route?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know when did this take place and what exactly was BT's failure in this situation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am anxious to take this to court ,if that is a route as soon as possible.

It boils down tyo cna ht court override the ombudsmans opinion.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.
A court may certainly overrule an earlier decision made by the Ombudsman. However, to do this you need to go through a process known as 'judicial review', where you are asking the courts to review the decision of the Ombudsman to determine if it was incorrect on grounds of illegality, irrationality or procedural impropriety. It is not an easy process and can cost a considerable amount in legal fees as you will need specialist lawyers to assist you with it. But it is possible to have the Ombudsman's decision overturned via that procedure.